Founded in 1976 Paul Winter, Music for the Earth is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit, tax-exempt organization, with the mission to explore and implement ways that music can be used to enrich the lives of human beings and awaken a spirit of involvement in the preservation of wildlife, wilderness and the natural environments of the Earth.
To make a tax-deductible gift online, please click the link below. To send your contribution by mail, please make your check payable to Music for the Earth at P.O. box 1740, Litchfield, CT 06759
Thank you for your support.
Music For The Earth’s activities include:
- concerts and albums to build community, celebrate the sounds of the planet, and benefit environmental causes;
- wilderness recording expeditions;
- media outreach and raising public awareness about environmental and social justice issues and groups;
- environmental and cultural education programs for young people;
- and music-making workshops and residencies.
In Memoriam: Dave Brubeck, Sir George Martin, Pete Seeger.
Music for the Earth partners with educators, biologists, anthropologists, painters, film-makers, naturalists, and environmental activists to use music’s unique power to extend the impact of their work or respective medium. Music for the Earth has worked around the world using music to build bridges between cultures and nature, to support environmental causes and campaigns.